To whom it may concern:
We have the distinct displeasure of informing the readership of this weblog, thejohnsefamily.blogspot.com, of our untimely demise. This should for many of you validate a suspicion which you have held since late last year, when all posting ceased; the many drafts which exist behind the scenes, unseen and unknown, are powerless in their protestation of your doubts. In any case, we hope sometime in the very near future to assure you all with greater evidences of our continued existence. Although it is to be doubted that there exist individuals constant in their affection towards us (i.e. who still check for updates after five months of silence), we hope that a happy surprise may await you who wait silently, in the cold and dark reaches of the internet, huddled and despairing, who reach out timidly every once in a while for a light of hope, however wavering.
Befitting its postmortal nature, our return shall be in glory. Bring sunglasses.
The management
3.15.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Sadly, I am one of those who still checks this blog at least once a week. I look forward to this bright, shiny return in glory.
You DIDN'T get sucked into cyberspace, only making occasional contact with the outside world with the cryptic handle of "-a"! Oh yes, make this return very bright and shiny.
I still check too, periodically. Good to know you didn't disappear, or that you did, but plan on reappearing some day soon.
Yahoo did a study that showed something like 90% of people quit posting to their blogs withing three months.
Personally I think people just run out of things to talk about. Plus it's a strange thing, you want to share part of your life, but it's a public forum so it's always questionable how personal you should get.
I agree with Jeremy. I probably have a lot more to say, but am sometimes wary about who reads what. It is easy to run out of things to say in any case.
I think you guys should update more frequently if not just for my benefit. Checking your blog every day does constitute several seconds of my day, after all.
I don't understand this whole running out of things to say thing. I have more things to say than I have time to say them. But maybe I just talk too much.
Post a Comment