Aaron has taken to jumping. He first attempted it on a trip to Temple Square in July. Isaac decided to be a frog and Aaron, naturally, followed suit. I don't think I ever managed to catch the result on tape, but it was quite endearing. He'd fling his arms up and bounce off one foot while walking to "jump" while saying "beht, beht." Here he is practicing the new skill by jumping off the couch.
Anyway, here's a clip of him reading. It's a Halloween board book, but if you listen closely you can hear "E-I-E-I-O" throughout the pages.
During lunch
"Long, long time ago lived a rhinoceros and he got watermelon on him. So, he go-ed home and went potty and take a bath and got his very own towel. Then he brushed his teeth and go-ed to bed with the other rhinoceros. And the rhinoceros name was Aaaa-llen."
While taking a bath
I: "Hey mom! I had a dream about a spider in a spider web."
M: "Oh? Was it a scary spider or a nice spider?"
I: "A scary one. And there was a lion that cut the spider open with his sharp teeth and see what's in the spiders tummy and there was mouses inside."
I honestly have no idea where he gets these things, but if that is what he's really dreaming about I don't blame him for moving into our bed in the middle of the night.
This was the next exchange on the paper where I write these things down. So, as a further example of his clever thinking . . .
D: "Would you rather go on a walk or go to Costco?"
I: "Go on a walk to Costco."
D: "That's a clever way to combine the two, but it's too far to walk. It's one or the other."
I: "Is one a walk?"
D: "Yes."
I: "Is the other Costco?"
And since I really just can't get enough of his creativity these days, here's a little video, too.
We went to the splash pad on Labor Day for one last romp before they closed for the season. One of the clips we watched on the home video this evening was from our first time going last season. Isaac was quite reluctant to get wet and I had Aaron cozied up in the sling. And a year later, they are both lapping it up.
We followed in the
The day after our long drive, Josh greatly honored us with his presence and photography skills at a botanical garden in Ogden for a successful photo shoot. Here are a few of his shots.
With that, I'm going to call this post done. You may all breathe a collective sigh of relief and I'll make my way to the bed I should have retired to hours ago.

7 comments:
I was going to ask you what you did with all those apples I saw sitting on your counter. I have a box of them, but I don't want to make applesause as I just bought a case at the last case lot sale. I'm thinking a mixture of apple butter and apples for pie/apple crisp. Let me know if you have any other ideas.
Brooke
And, I wanted to see how many times I could use the letter "s" in my previous comment, which is why I spelled "applesauce" as "applesause." =)
Brooke
Thanks for the update. How I love those two boys and their parents.
Great update. I especially love the pictures and videos.
So good to see your cute family! Those boys are growing like weeds!
I love to hear what kids say. We laugh about Lauren's funnyisms every night. Great family photos.
Post a Comment