9.10.2010

Conundrum

So, here's a serious problem I need some help with. How do you lock something up in such a way that a child can open it, but not an adult? Assume that any key the child has access to would also be accessible to the adult who monitors them. Is there any way to give only the child access?

Keep in mind also that money is an issue, so expensive biometric avenues are off the table.

3 comments:

Nana J said...

To what would you want the child to have access but not the parent. I can't imagine it.

catherine said...

I'm with Nana, what could you possibly want to offer free-range to a child but not to an adult?

Whatever it is, here's your solution: Doggy Door. On the door of the pantry or closet or wherever. Lock up the room, take the key with you, and let the kid crawl through the doggy door. Problem solved. :D

-A said...

I'm guessing this has to do with your med program at work? Or are you working some secret hiding spot out with the kids?