11.13.2007

The Great Baby Game-A-Thon

So, we thought it would be fun to have everybody submit guesses as to certain baby-related data, then give prizes to the ones who guess closest in each area, plus an overall prize. I hereby announce such a contest. Odds of winning will depend on how many entries we receive.

Here's how it will work. I will list categories. For each category, make a guess. (You don't have to guess in every category, but any you leave blank won't help you in the overall score.) Add a comment to make a guess and don't forget to include your name. If you don't have a blogger or gmail account, you can send us your guess via email, and we will post it as a comment for you. Thus, no anonymous or secret guesses will be allowed.

Categories are as follows:

Length (in inches):
Weight (in lbs/oz):
Head circumference (in cm):
Date of birth:
Time of birth:
First Apgar score (1-10):
Name suggestion (won't be scored, but you may earn bragging rights if we happen to use it):

Good luck!

17 comments:

Brooke said...

My guesses are as follows:

Length: 21 inches
Weight: 7 lbs. 15 oz.
Head circumference: 14 cm
Date of birth: 1/12/2008
Time of birth: 4:23 pm
First APGAR score: 8
Name suggestion: Benjamin David Johnsen

Janci said...

Length (in inches): 20 inches

Weight (in lbs/oz): 8 lbs 1 oz

Head circumference(in cm): 37

Date of birth: 1/22
This is MY birthday, and a good one, if I do say so myself. I must admit a handicap on this one, because the only due date I know is "mid-January."

Time of birth: 5:00 AM (mwahaha)

First Apgar score (1-10): 9

Name suggestion (won't be scored): Xabinus Dumbledore.

Brooke said...

It appears that I am intellectually challenged. I don't know my measurements very well. I meant to say that I think the head circumference will be 35.5 cm. Oops.

Justin said...

Length: 19.5 inches
Weight: 7 lbs. 11 oz.
Head circumference: 35 cm
Date of birth: 1/10/2008
Time of birth: 9:47 a.m.
First Apgar score (1-10): 8
Name suggestion: Othniel Jordan Johnsen

Josh said...

length: 16
weight: 5 lbs. 11 oz
Head: 55 cm
dob: 1/18
tob: 3:33 am
APGAR: 10
Name suggestion: Jacob (in keeping with prophet-names) Wyler Johnsen

Nana J said...

Length (in inches):20.25 inches
Weight (in lbs/oz): 8 lbs. 2 oz.
Head circumference (in cm):36
Date of birth:1/14/2008 (so I can call in to work and say "Alison is having/just had a baby - I won't be there today because I'm taking care of Isaac"
Time of birth: 8:22 a.m.
First Apgar score (1-10): 9
Name suggestion (won't be scored): Noah Briggs Johnsen (although I admit I like Josh's better)

Jess said...

My guesses:
Length: 20 inches
Weight: 8 lb
Head Cir: 34.5 cm
Date of birth: Jan 13, 2008
Time of birth: 6pm
First APGAR: 8
Name: Noah Roberts Johnsen (Mom already mentioned my first name.)

JAJ said...

From Dad Johnsen:

14 Jan. at 6:45am
weight: 7.5 lbs.
length: 20 in.
head: 34cm
Apgar: 9
name: Matthew Roberts Johnsen

Thanks for playing!

J said...

Here are my guesses.
18.5 inches length
7 lbs 11 ounces
35 cm
1/13/2008
5:53 a.m.
APGAR 8
Name: Daniel Jeremy Johnsen ;)

Jennifer said...

Length: 19 3/4 inches
Weight: 8 lbs 2 oz
Head Circumference: 33 cm
Date of Birth: 1/11/08
Time: 9:22 am
First APGAR: 7
Name Suggestion: I keep coming up with Peter, so I suggest Peter Joshua Johnsen

Jennifer said...

These are guesses from John

Length: 20 inches
Weight: 7 lbs 12 oz.
Head Circumference: 36 cm
Date of Birth: 1/12/08
Time of Birth: 5:45 am
APGAR Score: 9
Name: Gary

Melissa robison said...

Length (in inches):20 and 7/8 inches
Weight (in lbs/oz): 8 lbs. 4 oz.
Head circumference (in cm):35
Date of birth:1/25/2008 This is the day my dad was baptized and now celebrates it as his birthday cause it saved our family. I like that day!! (everyone has a story, I had to share too!)
Time of birth: 4:21 p.m. (that is the closest to my birthday!!)
First Apgar score (1-10): 9
Name suggestion (won't be scored): Samuel Noah Johnsen.

J-L-J-E said...

My address is lia.collings@gmail.com. I'm excited to receive your e-mail, because I don't have yours either!

Anonymous said...

Length: 20 1/2"
Weight: 8 lb 4 oz
Head Circumference: 35
Date of Birth: 1-14-2008
Time of Birth: 5:38 a.m.
First APGAR Score: 8
Name Suggestion: Alexander David Johnson

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

Length: 20.5 in.
Weight: 6 lbs. 8 oz.
Head circumference: 35
Date of birth: 1/8/08
Time of birth: 8:14 p.m.
First APGAR score: 8
Name suggestion: Daniel Martin Johnsen

Kimberlie :)

J-L-J-E said...

After consulting the stars, spitting in draino and balancing ten pens on each of my fingers, my guesses are:

Length: 19.75 inches
Weight: 9 lbs 3 oz.
Head circumference: 35 cm
Date of birth: 17 Jan. 2008 (Martin Luther King day)
Time of birth: 10:42 am
First APGAR score: 7
Name Suggestion: Samuel Jordan Johnsen.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

JAJ said...

From Dad Lowe:

Length (in inches): 21 inches
Weight (in lbs/oz): 8 lbs, 6 oz
Date of birth: Jan 25
Time of birth: 8:50 am
First Apgar score (1-10): 5