11.14.2007

Here and There

Several weeks ago, our primary chorister brought fun size Play-Doh containers for all the primary age kids in the ward. While Isaac didn't technically fit that category, she willing gave in to his longing glances and even didn't object when he choose two colors instead of one. When we got home and opened the container, the lump of dough went straight to his mouth . . . repeatedly. I don't think he managed to ingest any, but decided that we should hold off on the experience for awhile.

Well, while I was holding Isaac in the kitchen today he spotted the Play-Doh again and was quite adamant in his desire to hold it. So, I decided to give him another shot.

This time, when I gave him a snake to roll in his hands it went directly to his mouth . . . but only once. After I pulled it away from his mouth, he was content to roll and squash and move the lump about the table. He would try to copy my rolling movements on his piece and then reach over and help me flatten my piece of Play-Doh. I made a few small shapes for him and he spent a good chunk of time putting them into the tub and putting the lid on, then taking the lid off and dumping them back onto the table.

Another of Isaac's new found games is to move the Scarecrow door hanger decoration from one door knob to another through out the house. He used to just go between the front door and the closet, but today when I put him down for a nap I found it hanging on our bedroom door knob. When he woke up, he took it off our door, put it on the bathroom door and then moved it back to the front door.

Later while I was making dinner he had a grand time taking canned foods off the shelf and carrying them to one of the chairs. When he had a sufficient collection, he would turn around and take them one by one back to the pantry. The pears may be stacked with the peas, but watching Isaac manipulate his environment is worth a bit of reshelving.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Those are darling stories. He is such a cute, curious child.

Nana J said...

What a smart boy.