1.09.2008

Comfort

We had about 18 inches of snow drop on us today. While I love the beauty of a snow covered scene, the travel related implications make me extremely anxious. Throw newborn/adjusting toddler sleep patterns and all my post-partum hormones into the mix and we have the messy state of my feelings this afternoon as I dealt with the prospect of Jordan leaving for work. Before noon today, I'd been able to keep my anxiety at bay reasonably well, but quickly reached the point of needing a little help.

Which brings me to my point. My Heavenly Father and my Savior know me and they know my needs. I am blessed to have a husband willing and able to call down blessings from the Father in my behalf. Each time my dear husband has given me a Priesthood blessing, I come away feeling at peace again. Whether I am given very specific and powerful promises or general and almost vague counsel, I know that my Father knows my heart and cares for me as an individual. Never doubt the love of God or the all encompassing power of the Atonement. My Savior's sacrifice covers more than just sin. He has felt my frustration and self-doubt as well as my anxiety and fear. It's nice to have access to a Priesthood reminder every now and again.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Hey you found me ;)
I don't mind the link, but you might be more interested in my "personal" (non-anonymous) blog. Yeah the husband is a little paranoid about what information gets put on the internet so I have a personal blog (where I post pictures and, well, personal entries) that is by invite only, and then I have this one, where I can write very non-descript entries for the general public to read.
If you want that link I can email you an invite :)
Congrats on Aaron's birth! He's a cutie! I can't wait to meet him tonight :) We'll bring dinner at 5:30, right?
~C

Jess said...

I know what you mean. Everyday I am grateful that I have a father and brothers that I can call upon to give me a blessing.

Megs said...

I love it when prayers are answered that quickly, whether through a priesthood blessing or just the blessing of a Heavenly Father who is quick to respond to personal prayers. He is GREAT! (And so is your husband!)

Singletonmd said...

If there is anytime that I can be there to help or just sit and talk or help or just talk or help while jordan is there or not there, call me.
Really.

LOVE YOU!!