1.24.2008

Dum da da dum...

So...my lovely, talented, and occasionally exhausted wife suggested that enough time has passed since the birth of our child that the revelation of the contest winner(s) will likely not result in a flurry of jealous bloodshed. Accordingly, here is a list of the winners in each category (as well as the actual measurement, which, it was pointed out, we neglected to include in our birth announcement-A) and the overall winner:

Length - 20.5 in: Renee, Kimberlie (tie)
Weight - 7 lbs 2 oz: Dave
Head Circumference - 34.5 cm: Jessica
Date of Birth - 01/04/08: Kimberlie
Time of Birth - 12:12 pm: Lia
Apgar - 8: Brooke, Jeremy, Jessica, Justin, Kimberlie, Renee (tie)

And the overall winner is...Justin. (Despite taking the victory in three separate categories, Kimberlie's losses in the other four areas were great. Justin managed to come off victorious by proving to be not the best, but second best in all but one entry. And thus we see that mediocrity can result in superiority. -A)

Congratulations to all who entered for your resulting positive feelings for having participated in something wholesome. Congratulations to the category winners for having received recognition to set them apart from their peers. Congratulations to the overall winner for having been the best-educated guesser of the group, plus an accompanying warning to not get a big head about it. And, most of all, congratulations to us for once again producing a fine specimen of little boyhood.

7 comments:

Nana J said...

And a fine specimen he is.

Jess said...

Despite not winning in any category, I still feel great for having a cute new nephew.

cat said...

Thanks for your note Alison :) I'm sure Isaac will be just fine even though you are not able to spend as much time with him right now. He and Aaron will grow up to be super close friends I'm sure!

I can't believe how fast Pipsqueak's hair is growing! You probably won't even be able to tell that I cut it when you see him next! How often do you cut Issac's hair?

Jordan said Isaac was sick yesterday. Are you and the baby sick, too? Let me know if you need anything :)

Roxanne said...

Sweet, sweet picture.

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

I just wanted to say congrats to you also on figuring all that out. I would have declared me the winner just so I wouldn't have to do the math to figure out the real winner. ;) Can't wait to meet the cute little guy in person!

Malsmom said...

Congrats! Mallorie had fun playing with the big brother at church on sunday. They are both so cute!

J-L-J-E said...

Justin? Justin! My Justin?! And I won a category, too?! Happy day! If you never pay up on the prize, we'll forgive you. It's well past two years since our last baby game and we haven't given my dad his promised cold stone creamery certificate.

And since I neglected to tell you before, Congratulations on your new son!!!!