3.26.2008

Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

Life is beginning to resemble something that could be perceived as normal and hopefully, so shall our blog. Although it could reasonably be argued that our three month absence closely resembles normal and therefore has been resembling normal for quite some time. Anyhow, at this precise moment both boys are sleeping (no wait, Aaron is now awake . . . or not yet asleep, it's hard to tell which) and I must seize it, lest our blog forever remain update-less.

Aaron is growing like the proverbial weed. He is losing the generic-Johnsen-newborn look and settling comfortably into the must-be-a-Johnsen-baby look. He can coo and flirt with best of them and is remarkably patient with the aggressive affection of one adoring brother. And since everyone always seems to ask, he isn't the best napper, but usually only wakes once each night.

When Isaac isn't feigning shyness, he can usually be found conversing animatedly about the deepest wonders of life. Unfortunately, I haven't yet learned to interpret much of his ponderings, but words become clearer with each day. He manages to astonish me with the amount of understanding he shows and continues to delight both his loving parents with his latest antics.

And now, I must hurriedly add some pictures before my uninhibited posting time is completely exhausted. Love to all our family and friends.

10 comments:

Jess said...

I love the pictures and I think the contrast between happy kids and sad kids is fun.

Brooke said...

Yay for new updates! Your boys are looking cuter than ever. I can vouch for the little one's ability to coo and flirt with the best of them. He had me blushing several times at John's birthday.

Nana J said...

They are great pictures. The last one is great - one to show Isaac when he gets older.

Roxanne said...

Adorable pictures!! Absolutely adorable boys! It is good to hear from you again.

Anaelay said...

Yeah for normal-ness. We are looking forward to Sunday. Do you need me to bring anything?

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

Cute, cute pictures. Nice to hear from you again!

Jill McQuade said...

I'm glad to see an update. Your boys are very cute.

Jennifer said...

Fun photos. Two cute boys.

Jennifer said...

Fun photos. Two cute boys.

Diane said...

Your boys are so cute. I am sorry we weren't able to be there for the blessing. You have a beautiful family.