Mom: "What have you two been doing?"
Son: "We've been doing nothing."
Mom: "Oh, really? Then why are you smiling like you were doing something you're not supposed to?"
Son: "We're smiling 'cause it's just lovely to see you."
Ha! Endearing falsehood, young ones!
***
The boys constructed an obstacle course in the backyard, then asked who had dogs that could come play on it. Luckily, they settled for a group of friends rather than the neighborhood canines.
***
Isaac was set on making himself a parachute and was brainstorming ways of accomplishing the task while I tended to the jam I was working on. A little while into the thought process I heard this exchange.
I: If I taped my bubba (his blanket) up that could work. Maybe if I use goose tape.
A: Galaxy Ranger goose or goose like a pond?
I: No, goose tape that is so strong to stick to things.
A: Oh.
***
The boys were taking a bath at Grandma's today (to remove a suspect substance from one small boy's hair), but I didn't have the energy to let Clara get in. She stood outside the tub and happily played with the faucet. Aaron began to use a small scoop to pour water on his head and Clara decided she ought to help out. As Aaron used the faucet to refill his scoop, Clara would take her wet hand and wipe the hair on the side of his head. The cutest part perhaps was that she never once put her hand to his head without exchanging her smile for a tight lipped little "O." The description can't possibly capture how priceless the moment truly was.
***
Clara has really taken to toddling, too. Her adorability knows no limits.

3 comments:
Most. Adorable. Family. Ever.
The goose tape one got me good! Thanks for the smiles! It was nice to see you for a minute tonight.
Oh your children are adorable! I didn't know you had a blog :) I will definitely let you know next time I'm in Utah. It probably won't be until next July :( but I'll let you know for sure. Thanks for commenting on my list and for the freezer jam advice!
Post a Comment