11.10.2012

It's alive! It's ALIVE!

It's hard for me to believe that it has been an entire year since I last posted anything here.  Well, with all of the changes happening around our house, I think it's about time to resurrect the blog!  (And perhaps try to be a bit more regular in posting . . .)

And what better way to celebrate our grand re-opening than with everyone's favorite pastime?

The Great Baby Game-A-Thon: 2012 Edition 

For anyone new to the game, here's how it works. I will list categories. For each category, make a guess. (You don't have to guess in every category, but any you leave blank won't help you in the overall score.) Add a comment to make a guess and don't forget to include your name. If you don't have a blogger or gmail account, you can send your guess by email or Facebook, and we will post it as a comment for you. Thus, no anonymous or secret guesses will be allowed.  Those with the closest guess for each category, as well as an overall winner, will have the honor of being named such on our illustrious blog.  What greater honor could one ask for?

Without further ado the categories are as follows:

Length (in inches):
Weight (in lbs/oz):
Head circumference (in cm):
Date of birth:
Time of birth:
Duration of labor:
Gender:


Unranked Bonus- Name Suggestion


Happy guessing, everybody!


And since I know there will be some who will want to know stats on our other kiddos before making any guesses, here's the rundown of Johnsen babies 1-4.

  • Baby Johnsen V is "due" to arrive November 27th . . . or 28th . . . or 29th.  I honestly can't remember.  The rest of the crew made their appearances at least a week before their "official" date.
  • Our other children measured 19"-22" in length with their birth weights ranging from 7 lbs 2 oz to 8 lbs 6 oz.
  • The common range of head circumference for a newborn is 33-38 cm.
  • Thus far my labors have ranged from 0 hrs (with my C-section) to not quite 9 hrs (with pitocin).

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Length: 19 1/2"
Weight: 7 lb. 5 1/2 oz
Head circumference: 36
DOB: Nov. 18
TOB: 8:20 p.m.
Labor: 4 1/2 hrs
Gender: F
Name: Beth, Hannah, Abigail

Just in case it is a boy: Archer, Samuel, Joshua, Micah, Nathan

Nana J said...

OK - I don't know why it said I was unknown, but those cute baby names were supplied by me.

JWJohnsen said...

Length: 20.25"
Weight: 8 lbs 0 oz
Head circumference: 36 cm
DOB: Nov 20
TOB: 6:18 am
Labor: 6 hrs
Gender: Don't want to jinx anything by guessing :)

Amelia said...

I want to play!!

Length: 19.5in
Weight: 6lbs 13oz
Head: 35cm
DOB: Nov 21
TOB: 2:14pm
Duration: 1 hour 15 min
Gender: Boy
Name:Noah (I was right about Clara's name, so I think you should run with this.) :)

Hugs and happy birthing!!

Jennifer said...

Length: 21inches
Weight: 7 lbs 1oz
Head: 35
DOB: Nov 19
TOB: 9:12 am
Labor: 3 hrs 20 mins
Gender: female
Name: Sarah, Abigail ( they follow your two a name trend)

Shannon said...

Length 19.5
Weight 7.6
Head 33
Date Nov 23
Time 2:13
Duration 4.25
Gender F
Name: Molly (going with what I sense is popular right now, not what I would use. If it is a boy-o, I suggest Logan.)

J-L-J-E said...

Length (in inches): 20.75"
Weight (in lbs/oz): 8 lbs 2.5 oz.
Head circumference (in cm): 36 cm
Date of birth: November 22nd
Time of birth: 4:37 am
Duration of labor: 28 minutes
Gender: boy

Names: Jeremiah, Asher, Daniel, Abe short for Abraham

J said...

Length: 20 in
Weight: 7lbs 3oz
Head: 35cm
DOB: Nov 23
TOB: 3:11pm
Duration: 1 hour 5 minutes
Gender: Boy
Name:Archer, Henry, Thor

Emily said...

Emily and Carson

Length:21"
Weight:7lbs 6oz
Head Cir: 35cm
DOB: Nov. 22
TOB: 5:45 am
Duration: 6 hrs
Gender:We think boy (hoping for another girl like sis)

Boy Names: Gabriel(Gabe), Adam, Andrew (Drew)
Girl Name: Chloe

Chareen Lauritzen said...

Length: 20 1/2"
Weight: 8lbs 2oz
Head Cir: 35cm
DOB: Nov 21st
TOB: 12:15pm
Duration: 6 hrs
Gender: Female

So excited for you guys! Wish I was closer to celebrate the arrival. Love and hugs!



me and my GSDs said...

Length: 20"
Weight: 7 lbs 14 oz
Head Circumference: 35 cm
Date of birth: 11/17/12
Time of birth: 3:05 pm
Duration of labor: 4 hrs, 15 minutes
Gender: female

Names: Lisa, Jennie, Abagail

Happy birthing!

Melissa robison said...

Length: 21.367
Weight: 7 lbs 7 oz
Head circumference: 36 cm
Date of birth: November 20
Time of birth: 4:45 PM
Duration of labor: 7 hours 33 Minutes
Gender: Female
Name: Elizabeth

Jessica Marie said...

Length: 19.5 inches
Weight: 7lb 9 oz
Head cir: 35
Date of birth: Nov 25th
Time of birth: 7:30pm MT
Duration of labor: 5 hours
Gender: Female
Name suggestions: Rachel, Opal, Adaline, Miriam, Sarah, or Ella
Middle name suggestions: McLaughlin, Elrod, Denise, Jessica

Jessica Marie said...

If it's a boy I suggest Samuel, Noah, Daniel, Hiram, or Simon.

Anonymous said...

length 20 1/4"
weight 7 lb. 2 oz.
head cir. 35 1/2.
D.O.B Nov. 26
t.o.b 3:40 P.M.
labor 4 hours
Gender Female
Name Abigail Leigh, Madison

Love you all