7.20.2013

{sigh}

This blog and I . . . we just can't seem to maintain a steady relationship.  I so frequently think about posting and so infrequently do it.  Sadly, my journal is the same way.  It takes such a large commitment of time for me to do it "right" that I instead opt for doing it not-at-all.  A character defect to be sure.

So, my sister chided me some months ago that I never posted the results (or anything else, for that matter) of our baby game last November.  Without further ado . . .

Micah Robert Johnsen
Birth date: 11/24/12
Birth time: 6:55 pm
Birth weight: 6 pounds 9 ounces
Length: 19.5 inches
Head circumference: 35 cm
Length of labor: about 2 hours, where labor is defined as "contractions that are intense enough that I can no longer handle the exuberance of my other children"
Brand New

One Week

Seven Months

Seven Months
When and how did he do all that growing?!? As I reviewed all the guesses, it was fun to see that Mom Johnsen (who guessed girl, but offered some boy names "just in case") had suggested Micah as a name.  While we didn't know that at the time of choosing, you can claim that you picked his name.  As far as overall contest winners go, Amelia and unknown J (Justin, Josh, Jeremy . . . no clue) were tied for closest.  Consider yourself belatedly applauded for your fortuitous guesses.

While I would love to keep going and going crafting this into an epic catch-up post, I will instead exercise a fragment of judgement and retire to bed.  I will, however, hang on to the hope that I can make it back before another 8 months go by.

1 comment:

Nana J said...

Love that happy boy, and I love your definition of labor.