6.24.2008

Boomerang

Alison recently brought home from her parents' house several boxes of her things that have been sitting in her old bedroom. In the spirit of (belated) spring cleaning, I brought all our boxes of stuff out of storage and we are going through and whittling down their contents a bit. In one of my boxes I found the wooden boomerang Jeremy brought home for me from Australia.

We were getting to bed a bit late tonight, so we only read one book for bedtime. After we finished, Isaac picked up the boomerang from the table. I said, "it's a boomerang. Can you say boomerang?"

"Boom. A. RANG!" Isaac replied. "Booma, RANG! Booma RANG! Booma Daddy's foot. Booma [gibberish]."

We gave Mommy and Baby Brother kisses and headed to bed, and as we passed the couch where we had been reading Isaac said, "one book." "That's right," I replied. "We only read one book." Whereupon Isaac nodded his head and stated, "One book. Two books. Six books."

I love my son.

3 comments:

Jess said...

He is so cute.

Nana J said...

This is one of my favorite ages, and I am lucky to be experiencing three going through this stage. They are learning so much so fast - they change so quickly. What a blast.

Scrappy said...

"Booma Daddy's foot"... What a cutie! I love this stage too. So fun!