8.11.2008

Spiders and Prayers

We'll be putting up some pictures and video soon, I promise...in the meantime, I thought I'd share another couple of little moments of parentdom.

As we were preparing to leave to run some errands, we saw a spider on the door. Alison smashed the offensive beast with her sandal, and I furnished commentary on the action for Isaac. After the deadly encounter ended, Isaac popped up with "Eensy Weensy Spider." I said, "Not the Eensy Weensy spider, another spider. It's dead now. Whereupon Isaac replied, "Eensy Weensy Spider dead." I hope he's not traumatized for life. Later today I caught him stroking the cover of our foam Eensy Weensy Spider book, perhaps wistfully.

Then, tonight, we sang our bedtime song (tonight's choice was "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home," followed by "Mother, I Love You") and then asked Isaac whom he wanted to say the prayer. He folded his arms and began saying it himself. "Heavenly Father," he began, "Thank you Daddy comes home, thank you daddy not a work {pause} Mommy, fold arms (A- I had unfolded them to keep Aaron from launching himself off my lap)- ..." After a small prompt, he finished, "Jesus Christ, AMEN!" It was a tender moment for me as the Daddy in question.

3 comments:

Nana J said...

Sweet, sweet. I can't wait to hear a prayer from him.

Jess said...

That is adorable. He obviously has excellent examples in his two parents.

Amelia said...

That's so cute!! From the title I thought maybe he was going to pray for the spider, but the actual prayer was much more adorable. :) I feel like I haven't seen him, or you guys, in forever! We need to hang out soon.