Assuredly, there is plenty to tell. To record and preserve. I'm just not finding the right motivation.
Perhaps, the blog-a-day series took it out of me. Or perhaps it was the whirlwind of life post blog-a-day. Or perhaps it is the overwhelming exhaustion that is accompanying this 4th pregnancy. Or perhaps it is the fake beautiful weather.
Maybe, if I just start writing about nothing often enough, I'll feel like writing about something soon enough.
***
I joined another book club. Jordan was entirely less than enthusiastic until he heard it would be held over lunch and thus not take another of my evenings. Then he wholeheartedly supported the idea increased interaction with mothers in my area. My mother thought a book club with children running around in the background didn't sound very satisfying or even worthwhile. But I am undeterred and actually rather intrigued to see what sort of a turn this book club will take.
The book selection thus far is quite different from the other book clubs I frequent. The mix of backgrounds and passions will, I think, provide for interesting discussions. Plus, reading is free which can't be beat in these tough economic times.
***
Jordan saw a commercial awhile back with a couple struggling to make their budget balance out. It proceeded to explain that "in these tough economic times" they could solve all their problems by switching their cable service to DirectTV or Comcast or whatever it was.
Well, why hadn't we thought of that! It's so simple!
***
Isaac will ask to call a relative on the phone. He doesn't even bother with the formality of saying hello. He jumps straight to his new favorite question: "Do you have any problems?"
If the speaker is unable to come up with a problem they are currently facing he'll jump to his back-up questions: "Do you have any cocoas?" & "Do you have any (insert nonsense word of the day)?"
I have absolutely no idea where on earth he picked this one up.
***
Aaron is a talker. And everything he says is broken up into individual syllables. Absolutely adorable. Plus, he is aware of every syllable that should be in his sentence even if he isn't sure how to say it. So he fills 'em in with ahs and ehs and the like. It's the cutest thing around.
***
My dearest husband just baked me cookies. I'm going to go eat some before they get cold.

2 comments:
I understand about being in the Doldrums. I don't know why but the last few days have been annoying and uninspiring. I don't know if it's the weather (looks warm but is cold) or the time of year. It is wonderful to receive any phone calls from your boys and I love that Aaron is talking more.
On another note, what is your first book for this book club?
I loved this post. And, I'm with Jess, what's the book? Also, your boys have never looked so alike to me than they do in that picture. (Did that last sentence make sense? Hmm.)
Post a Comment