So, we've had another baby. You'll all have to forgive my fatigued posting. Anyway, Alison woke up yesterday morning (7/20) at about 4 am to contractions. She woke me up at about 7 and we hurried to get everything ready to go. However, it was soon evident that this was a false alarm. It may have just been intended to get us packed, though, because at about midnight (11:55 pm by my watch, for those of you interested in winning our exciting contest) Alison nudged me and said that her water had broken. Our generous neighbor was still awake watching an exciting crab-catching program and volunteered to come stay at our house until Mom Johnsen arrived, and we were off to the hospital.
In a nice contrast from last time, we arrived with plenty of time to park and get checked in at about 12:35. The doctor, who had been home for about an hour since her last delivery, was called and arrived before baby was born - another improvement from our last experience. We needed to get there in time to have a couple doses of penicillin, which we did. Alison started pushing a little before 5 am, and Baby Girl Johnsen entered the world at 4:59 (and yes, it does really bother me that it wasn't exactly 5:00). For those of you who have asked, it was a VBAC, which stands for Vaginal Birth After Caesarean.
For those of you interested in stats, they are:
Birth date: 7/21/10
Birth time: 0459
Birth weight: 7 pounds 4 ounces
Length: 19 inches
Head circumference: 34 cm
Name: to be determined
Length of labor: a little over 5 hours, if determined from membrane rupture.
I'm sure it comes as a surprise to no one who has met my wife that our new baby is very attractive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Congratulations!! I'm glad it went so well. You guys having a darling baby is nothing new, so no big shocker there. :) Can't wait to see pictures.
Hooray! I can't wait to meet Baby Girl Johnsen!! Sounds like everything went smoothly, which is always nice. :) Glad to hear everyone is happy and healthy. We send you all our love! :)
Thanks for giving me a link to the blog so I can post without stress. I can't wait to see you all.
I am so excited to meet the newest member of our family. As soon as you give her a name let me know so I can start on your gift. How are the boys taking it?
Congrats! It looks like Alison got her way after all - this baby came on the day she hoped. I can't wait to meet her, and until then, am looking forward to seeing pictures of her. Hurray!
We are so happy for this new addition!!! Congrats to your oh so beautiful family.
Congratulations! I'm happy for you that this one arrived early, but not too quickly. I look forward to seeing the post on her wonderful name and the process by which her name was determined.
Post a Comment