7.11.2010

It's That Time Again!

Yes, dear friends and readers . . . we derived such enjoyment from our first installment of the contest that we have decided to repeat the fun for our little girl who will soon be gracing us with her presence.  And so we give you . . .

The Great Baby Game-A-Thon: 2010

The instructions are quoted below for those who a) weren't around when the first contest took place or b) for one reason or another, do not readily recall information from so distant a year as 2007.

"Here's how it will work. I will list categories. For each category, make a guess. (You don't have to guess in every category, but any you leave blank won't help you in the overall score.) Add a comment to make a guess and don't forget to include your name. If you don't have a blogger or gmail account, you can send us your guess via email, and we will post it as a comment for you. Thus, no anonymous or secret guesses will be allowed."  After the qualifying event, winners for each category, as well as one overall champion, will be listed here on our blog.  If you are extra lucky (and I'm extra ambitious), there may be cookies involved.

Categories are as follows:

Length (in inches):
Weight (in lbs/oz):
Head circumference (in cm):
Date of birth:
Time of birth:
Duration of labor:

Unranked Bonus- Name Suggestion (again, for scoring purposes this won't count, but it's always fun to see what other people think we should name our little girl, so no fair suggesting a name just because you know it's on our long list of possibilities):

This incredible contest is only available for a limited time, so act now!

*Added - here's the information on our previous births which some have asked to have as a reference.*
  • Baby Sister's theoretical "due date" is July 30.  The boys were all delivered at least a week before their "official" date.
  • Our other children measured 20"-22" in length with their birth weights ranging from 7 lbs 2 oz to 8 lbs 6 oz.
  • Aaron's head circumference (34.5 cm) is the only one readily available, buy I remember it being right in line with his brothers before him.
  • Thus far my labors have ranged from 0 hrs to not quite 9 hrs (with pitocin).

16 comments:

Melissa robison said...

Length: 20 inches
Weight: 7 lbs 11 oz
Head Circumference: 35 cm
Date of Birth: August 18
Time of Birth: 2:30 pm
First Apgar: 8
Duration of Labor: 4 hours 20 min

Name: Rebecca Eve

Brooke said...

Length (in inches): 21 in.
Weight (in lbs/oz): 8 lbs., 2 oz.
Head circumference (in cm): 28 cm.
Date of birth: July 23
Time of birth: 5:37 pm
Duration of labor: At hospital-1 hour; total-8 hours
Name: Sarah Jean Johnsen

catherine said...

Can you refresh our memories with the stats from your previous babies? Or is that considered cheating? And I know I ask you every time I see you, but when is your due date again?

P.S. I just realized I never called you guys back from last weekend. The in-laws are in town so we are occupied until the weekend. So sorry for flaking out and not returning the call!

Jennifer said...

Length (in inches): 19.5
Weight (in lbs/oz): 7 lbs 12 oz
Head circumference (in cm):
Date of birth: 7/21/10
Time of birth: 3:40 p.m.
Duration of labor: 4 hours

I think your list of names is great.

J said...

Length: 20 inches
Weight: 8 lbs 11 oz
Head Circumference: 31 cm
Date of Birth: August 19
Time of Birth: 3:11 pm
Duration of Labor: 3 hours 45 min

Name: Eve Danger Johnsen

Amelia said...

Length: 20.5 inches
Weight: 8 lbs 5 oz
Head Circumference: 34 cm
Date of Birth: August 17
Time of Birth: 5:32 am
Duration of Labor: 3 hours

Name: Martha Marie Johnsen
(I have no idea what your name list consists of, but I'd love to hear it!)

-A said...

To all interested: I will edit the post to have some previous stats and such. I typed the post late last night (and then again even later last night after I was logged out by my lovely browser) and didn't think to include the info.

I'll leave it up to each of you whether to let your submission stand or delete it and make adjustments.

Jess said...

Length: 21 inches
Weight: 8 lb 1 oz
Head circ: 34.35cm
Date of birth: July 25th
Time of birth: 4:05pm
Duration of labor: 4 hours

Name options (off the top of my head):

Elizabeth Denise
Sarah June
Anna or Hannah Lowe

catherine said...

Length (in inches): 20.5"
Weight (in lbs/oz): 7 lb 5 oz
Head circumference (in cm): 34 cm
Date of birth: July 22
Time of birth: 9:44 am
Duration of labor: 2 hours (what exactly do you consider "labor?")

Names: I have no idea what's on your list, but here goes:
*Clara
*Rachel
*Ruth
*Leah

JWJohnsen said...

Jordan: Isaac, when will baby sister be born? Pick the day of the week.

Isaac: California.

J: I mean, during the morning, afternoon, evening, or night time?

I: Evening.

J: How heavy will she be?

I: Twice as heavy as her brother.

J: When you were a baby or how you are now?

I: How I am now.

J: How long will she be?

I: 8 years.

J: How many cm will her head circumference be?

I: Lots.

J: How many hours will it take for her to be born?

I: Forever.

J: What should her name be?

I: I'm calling her Avigail...her name should be Rachel.

JWJohnsen said...

Catherine, did you really not have any idea what was on our list? If you weren't cheating, you must be clairvoyant (or "Clair" for short - didn't make the short list)

catherine said...

Isaac's answers are adorable! Love it! :)

Jordan, I really have NO idea what's on your list. But now I am curious! As far as my clairvoyance, I had a dream last night that you guys had the baby. So...any news? ;)

JAJ said...

Dave Johnsen's guess:

length 19.5 inches
weight 6 lb. 9 oz.
head 34 cm
labor 6.5 hours

name Grace

JAJ said...

Michael Wright's guess:

July 30
1:10 am

Shannon Wright's guess:

19.5 in
7 lbs 7 oz
33.3 cm
July 21
11:32 am
3.5 hours

me and my GSDs said...

I guess all I can guess is her name!

Marie Claire Johnsen
Jessica Alison Johnsen
Bethany (familyname) Johnsen
Clarice ( ) Johnsen
Viola ( ) Johnsen
Melina ( ) Johnsen

Nana J said...

I am with Nancy - all I can do is guess the name.

Rebecca Jean
Hannah Grace
Mary Jean
Julia
Chloe