We had a week full of various Halloween activities. On Monday, we were at a benefit carnival for one of my friends. One of the gals doing painting faces was really quite amazing. No semi-identifiable rainbows on the cheek coming from her. She actually painted the whole face. Jordan didn't realize I'd packed the camera until after he had started to wash Aaron's face so we missed preserving his skeleton. But we have this great mid-cleaning Zombie shot.I planned pumpkin carving as our family night activity. The boys each drew a face on their pumpkin, but had no interest in helping take care of the guts. So, Jordan and I tag teamed the operation after the kids were asleep. I cleaned 'em and he carved 'em. Aaron's face turned out looking quite ghoulish while Isaac's could be mistaken for happy by those unaware that the "u" above the eyes are angry eyebrows (And I packed your angry eyes, just in case.)
After drawing faces, both Isaac and Aaron wanted another turn with the marker to write his name. It was a bit sad to see Isaac draw a proper "a" with the line down the side instead of through the middle. I guess I should be excited that he's learning, but right now I'm just glad that the "c" is still backwards.
And Aaron has recently really taken to writing the letter "a." He'll write it again and again while chanting "up, down, and cross . . . right, Mom?"





2 comments:
Those pumpkins (and the face painting) are darling.
Love the "angry eyes" comment. Fun pumpkins and great face painting, even mid wash.
Post a Comment