10.10.2008

Sisterhood

My dear husband was working a late shift the night of the RS broadcast a couple weeks back. I had more or less decided not to bother with a babysitter, when my sister suggested having my dad watch the boys so we could go to the broadcast with my mom. Great plan! Except that I neglected to remember that my dad is in charge of manning the satellite transmission for their Stake Center and spends the broadcast in an equipment room about the size of our front closet. He willingly volunteered to keep the boys anyway, but I admit, I was worried what Isaac's energy would do to a room so small.

Just as I was sitting down for dinner, a sister in the stake approached me and said something along the lines of "I know I'm a complete stranger, but I can't stay for the broadcast and would love to let your boys come play at my house while you stay."

So, I packed up the kids and followed this sister a half-mile down the road to her house of 2 months. I fed Aaron, got Isaac settled to play with 2 year old Elli and drove back to the Stake Center. I missed the first part of the broadcast, but was able to enjoy most of it without worrying about my toddler hollering in the hallway.

Perhaps the coolest part of the whole event was the fact that I felt no reservations in trusting my children to the care of a complete stranger knowing she was a sister in the Gospel. That's the meaning of a Worldwide Sisterhood.

No comments: