12.06.2009

An Help Meet For Him

So I'm sure you are expecting this to be a post about how helpful my wife has been lately since I've been stuck in bed. For the most part this is true, but witness this exchange from last night which offers a glaring exception:

Jordan: My truest love, thank you for bringing these hand-churned ice-cream delights.
Alison: Oh, my dearest treasure, it is my pleasure. Um, without measure, I'm for your leisure.
Jordan: And, the fresh breadstuffs with homecrafted iced topping were certainly tasty.
Alison: Thank you. I labored hard all the day long to provide them.
Jordan: And I must say, the homemade pretzels, cinnamon bears, ice lollies, chocolate puddings, chopped walnut cookies, ginger candies, and quadruple-layer cake were beyond compare, and I thoroughly enjoyed the poetry readings and the foot rubs. But...
Alison: What is it, my darling?
Jordan (exasperated): ...You neglected to bring me my popping-corn!

Then, unbelievably, she implied that she would rather stay there in bed with me as we watched The West Wing together than go correct her egregious oversight. Of course, I was looking for an independent-minded woman as my bride, so I suppose I may be partly at fault...

We watching the final season of The West Wing together, and I am amazed that the quality of the show stayed so strong over seven seasons. I'm sure we can all agree that not all programs have kept to the same standards from season to season (anyone else remember when Beverly Hills: 90210 was a show you watched together as a family?).

To the point then. My circumstances being what they are, it is easy for me to hop online and post about anything whenever I feel like it. If any of our readers would rather have less frequent but more substantial reading, please let us know.

3 comments:

Jess said...

I think the frequent posts are great and would like to see a few more book, movie, or life reviews. I just finished the 3rd season of The West Wing. What a great show.

Nana J said...

I also prefer more frequent postings.

Josh said...

I can't believe you know of a family that watched 90210. How trendy they must be!