12.09.2009

Snow Play

Our blog has been lacking in the photo department lately. And since I like to copy everything my friend does on her blog, I need to post more pictures. Okay, not really. I need to post these pictures because they are cute and made me smile.

For those of you who didn't know, it's been snowing lately. I always seem to find an excuse not to play in the snow simply because it takes so much effort to get everyone dressed and out the door. That's my excuse for most fun activities requiring any time on the other side of the front door. I don't know that this "rule" can entirely be applied to snow play as this is the beginning of winter and last years excuse was that Aaron was too young to enjoy it for long enough to make it worth getting everyone dressed and out the door. Slightly different.

Anyway, our walk needed shoveling. The boys needed a diversion. Jordan needed homework time. So, we went out into the snow. In true fun activity fashion, it was quite the production getting everyone dressed and out the door (have you noticed a theme here?), but we were ultimately successful and it was well worth the effort.

I went around back to find our snow shovel. Isaac stayed out front with one of the little shovels which were gifted to us last week. Aaron, quite naturally considering his attachment of late, followed me. He wasn't so sure about the snow.


When we got back out to the front, I was presented with this path.


Which soon led to this helpful arrangement.


Aaron took his turn with the little shovel while Isaac ate snow and planned his next move.


It didn't take long before he was ready for a "snow fight."


Aaron again was skeptical, but got into the fun when he realized the throwing could go both ways.


After awhile, we went to play with the neighbors. It was a pretty fun afternoon.


3 comments:

Jess said...

It looks like you guys had fun. I love the pictures.

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

The pictures made me smile, too. They look so cute (and so big!) all bundled up.

Roxanne said...

They are cute pictures (and boys). Definitely remember the 'is this really worth it?' days. It usually was worth it.