The way my kids talk makes me smile. When it was just Isaac talking, I seemed to be able to write it all down. Now, so often the cuteness is spread over entire conversations between the boys that I can't capture the moment on paper. Like just today when Aaron wanted me to help him use the cookie cutter on his Play-Doh while I was soapy washing dishes. I asked Isaac if he could help and there commenced a lengthy explanation of how Isaac goes about preparing his Play-Doh for cutting. To which Aaron replied "Oh! Dat how we do it!" Sometimes I wish our video camera were running all the time.
***Isaac***
Isaac is really big into things "rhyming" lately. We had this little exchange about playing Rock, Paper, Scissors with Shannon the other day.
I: Shanna got four and I did, too. So, we twist.
M: Yep, you tied.
I: They mean the same cause tie is kinda like a knot (putting his hand up to his throat like a neck tie) and twist is round and round and round (spinning his fingers with each repetition). They rhyme.
He's, also, recently taken to telling jokes.
I: What would you call a peanut if it had a mouth?
M: What?
I: You tell me.
M: It's your joke so I don't know.
I: A marshmallow.
And he has started to play with Air-guy (who doesn't like to have his picture taken or play with other Air-guys) on occasion. This little tid-bit was from the "two" of them doing battle last month.
"I'm using these (toy candy cane & something else) to have a battle with Air-guy. If I win, I get a bigger candy cane shooter. Johnny Rude. That's his name. Johnny Rude's mother has lots of Johnny Rudes."
***Aaron***
Aaron is in such a cute stage with language that is really impossible to describe. You just have to hear it. But here is an attempt to convey some of my favorite things that he says.
"Ack-chwee" for actually
"White, mom?" for right, mom. This a very frequent way for him to end a sentence these days.
"Wut you said?" while cocking his head to the side and squinting his eyes, sometimes even holding up a little pointed finger.
"Pwease you lay nex me?"
Aaron likes to spell (and write) his name. Recently he added the word 'stop' to his spelling repertoire.
"How bout a "A" cause "A" starts with Aa-won. white, mom?"
"Ay-Ay-Awe-Oh-En says Aa-won."
He's starting to get into telling stories now, too. This one is from the week before Halloween.
"Then there was a big, scary monster. And he said hungry, hungry for us. Then we run home."
***Clara***
Clara coos and giggles and gurgles like a champ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
They are so adorable. I love to hear them interact.
Post a Comment