11.10.2010

Sharing

The boys brought home some stickers from the Halloween party with the Johnsen's.  Isaac was kind enough to share with his baby sister.

Speaking of sharing . . . do any of you know that old song about sharing?  The one that goes like this:

Sharing, sharing, everybody caring
Sharing, that's the thing to do
If I had a penny
And you hadn't any
I'd buy a candy stick
And let you have a lick

Well, this song runs through my head pretty much every time I ever find myself mentioning the need to share (which, as the mother of young children, is frequently).  Only in my head it plays out a little differently.  You see, I can't think of this song without picturing it sung by one of my dearest friends and my very first college roommate, Melissa.  She sang the last line "and give you half a lick."  Then, we'd laugh and pantomime trying to give someone only half a lick of something.

We were pretty awesome.

5 comments:

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

I always sing that song, too. :)

Jess said...

That is so sweet that he wanted to share. I home it didn't hurt her when they were pulled off. Your kids are so cute.

Melissa robison said...

yah! That's a BRITE song! Love it, and sing it all the time at work! ha ha ha!

Melissa robison said...

Also, I still sing "and give you half a lick!" hahaha!

Nana J said...

I am glad you snapped a picture. He is so cute with his little sister.