11.13.2010

Prudence

Last night, I went to the symphony with my dearest girlfriends Amelia, Lanae, and Melissa.  The orchestra played the score to The Wizard of Oz while the movie was playing behind them.  I hadn't seen the movie in a decade, at least, and was amused at just how cheesy it is.  All the cheese aside, it was fun to have a Girls' Night Out.

In an effort to have the shortest possible time between feedings (and therefore, hopefully, the happiest possible baby for Dad), Jordan stayed with Clara at our friends' house in Murray.  We heard no screaming when we walked in from the show, which I thought was promising.  Unfortunately, the screamlessness came at the price of Jordan not sitting down the entire night.  Needless to say, my return was a physical relief for all concerned parties.

My friends and I sat visiting while I fed Clara and were thoroughly entertained by the absolute awesomeness that is Melissa.  After feeding and changing Clara, even in the absence of wrangling other dawdlers (who were having a sleepover with their paternal grandparents), Jordan and I didn't get home until just after 1 o'clock.

My first impulse was to pull out the computer and whip out this post.  My more prudent impulse was to go straight to bed.  Thankfully, prudence won out this time.

3 comments:

JWJohnsen said...

Just to clarify, I was able to sit for about twenty minutes total between 8 and 10:45 when Clara fell asleep on my chest.

Melissa robison said...

The night was perfect cause you were there! Thank you Jordan for helping make it possible :)

Amelia said...

It was so much fun! I love girl nights!!