Then, they have days when they are the very best of buddies. They are inseparable in their play and I hear nothing, but fits of giggles all day. Those are days I relish.
When I retrieved my dear ones after a sleepover at Nana's and Poppy's house, Renee shared with me what happened when I left the night before. Both boys had fallen asleep on the drive down and had to be awoken upon arrival. Aaron was particularly hard to wake up and was of course a bit clingy. I was running late. I rather literally scooted Aaron into the house, dropped their bag, and took off.
Unsurprisingly, Aaron took exception to the situation. He broke down sobbing, unwilling to be consoled by his grandparents. Isaac, hearing his brother's distress, told Renee that he needed to go help Aaron feel better because they were best friends. So, he left the table and went into the front room where he proceeded to comfort his brother by patting his head, rubbing his back, and telling him that it was all right because mom and dad were on a date, but they would come back.
My heart melted at the telling.
Yesterday, Aaron was less than keen on the idea of Isaac going to preschool, but was pacified when I told him we'd go home and put on some dancing music. He put on his dancing clothes and I put on some music. It only took a moment for Aaron to inform me that he only likes to dance with Isaac because they are friends.
So, a movie for your viewing pleasure. Two friends dancing in the kitchen . . . in their princess dresses. Someday they'll hate that they ever did this, but for now it's just cute.
If the video doesn't work for you, try using a different browser. I know Firefox, in particular, frequently gives an error.

5 comments:
That is a wonderful story and the video is a kick! Hayleigh would love to borrow those dresses.
We do dance party regularly at our house. Sadly, it doesn't come with those fabulous dresses.
I *LOVE* that video! Cute, cute boys in their beautiful dresses! ;) And I am SO glad (as I'm sure Isaac and Aaron will be!) that you guys captured in on video!
er, *it* on video, not 'in' on video.
That is the funniest thing; where in the world did you find the dresses? P.S. I love the music in the background. I only wish there were more songs on that cd.
Post a Comment