11.15.2010

Monday, Monday

And oh, what a Monday it has been.

It always speaks of great things to come when one or both boys have a meltdown before breakfast.  Those are the days when it doesn't matter if I went to bed early and feel completely rested, because the slightest whine crumbles my patience and leaves me feeling exhausted.  Naturally, when this happens the already incredible day increases its glory by moving in slow motion.  Every hour an eternity.

It's 9:30 and I'm more than ready for bed.

I should go clean the kitchen and straighten the front room.  Maybe empty the dishwasher so I can clear out the sink.  Rid the bathroom of the boys' dirty clothes.  Decide on something to put in the crock pot for dinner.  Make a final decision on what goody to have at Book Club tomorrow and write out a grocery list.

So many things I should do, but what will I likely do?  Check Facebook and read blogs.  Maybe play a game of Settlers.  Read a little bit and go to sleep.  After all, it has been one of those days.

2 comments:

Nana J said...

I can relate to those days. Some days I wanted to change my name to Dad from Mom. I wanted to be the fun parent. Bed was the only solution.

Jess said...

I hate those kind of days. I had a bad morning on Monday. I was awakened by a 5 am call from a coworker about an airport shuttle. I went back to sleep (after an hour of e-mail) and slept through my alarm. I went to work late but realized, as I pulled into the parking lot, that I had forgotten my laptop at home. There are some days that it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.