11.22.2010

Tidbits

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Those are Isaac's train tracks.  He's pretending there are trains on his great big train tracks.  Train tracks, he has informed me, kinda look like ladders b'cept they're train tracks.

Now he wants me to style his name with red or maybe blue.

I think instead, I'll try to get him to bed.

***
Clara has really discovered her tongue.  If she's not busy chewing on it, then she is probably blowing raspberries and collecting all the bubbles on her chin.  The other day Isaac was asking about why she spit so much and I told him about raspberries.  Today, I was holding Clara while helping Isaac was his hands.  She of course was buzzing her little tongue.  Isaac put on his sing-song-for-Clara voice and asked "did you do a raisin?"

Aaron got into the Andes mints in the freezer.  When I asked if he had eaten one he told me "I fought I just 'tending." Nice try, kiddo.

I fluctuate between calling our blue knit hats stocking caps and beanies.  Isaac has taken to asking to wear his beanstalk.

We asked Aaron what he thought Isaac might like for Christmas and he replied "I fink he wants a brown puppy like me."

On the way down to the football game the boys were playing a game in which they got lots of ice cream cones and the grown-ups got only one.  Isaac spent his time making his number bigger and bigger.  I think the most he had was ninety-twelvety-ninety-twelety-eighty-ninety-twelvety.  Aaron spent his time telling Gramma to be sad.

Isaac wasn't feeling well this morning and took an unheard of nap.  Aaron repeatedly asked me to open their bedroom door to "just check we see he awake."  For how often they torment each other, they sure do love to play together.

Another thing he wanted to "just check" today was if Gramma would answer her phone that was sitting in our own kitchen.  After trying to convey the situation numerous times I finally told him to go ahead and call.  He pushed Gramma's speed-dial number.  It rings in our kitchen.  I ask if Gramma is answering and he says "not yet," waits for voicemail to pick-up and says "let's try again."

2 comments:

JWJohnsen said...

I laughed. Our kids are so darn cute.

Roxanne said...

Such cute things to remember. If you have Andes mints in your freezer I need to visit you and raid the freezer, too.