The snow picked up sometime last night. I woke to a bed full of boys and the sounds of one small girl crying. After tending to Clara's needs, I climbed into Isaac's bed and went back to sleep. Jordan woke me up at 10:15.
I love how hushed everything becomes when it snows. We were 20 minutes late to church because of it, but I love "snow sleep." It's just restful.
While Jordan got dinner ready, the boys and I went outside and built a snowman. Then we made some snow angels which got me all wet since I don't own snow pants. So, I came in and the boys got their shovels and knocked the snowman back down.
Now, Jordan is reading to the boys by the fire and I'm gliding Clara off to dreamland.
Life is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
SOunds like a lovely evening of family and fire. can't be beat!
My wife, incidentally, is beautiful by firelight. Although, truth be told, her magnificent hair shines much more brilliantly in sunlight.
I love it! Tanner climbed into bed with us sometime during the night and I had to wake him for school (that hardly ever happens) - he was sleeping so soundly from the snow.
It was a great snow day yesterday. Tanner kept saying, "It's Christmas today," and requested that we put our tree up, which is exactly what we did.
Post a Comment