I'm not feeling very inspired to write tonight. In large part, I think this is a result of my decreased brain function. I may be sleep deprived.
I'm not feeling particularly tired, but I've noticed a real delay in processing and one of my eyes has started to twitch. Yesterday, I called my mom and she said "hello" at least three times before my brain registered that I should start talking. At dinner tonight, one pan of chicken fingers was taking an extra long time to cook. The timer went off while I was getting Aaron's jammies on and I listened to it beep until it automatically shut-off (after a minute or two) and didn't again think about taking the food out until a good twenty minutes later when I heard the oven click as I was reading a story. So, Jordan's left-overs are dry to say the least.
In other news, we are working on breaking Isaac of his bedtime thumb-sucking habit. I've talked to Isaac before about trying to keep his thumb out of his mouth, but really introduced the need to quit last week. The prospect was met with much wailing. However, for the past two nights sleep was quietly achieved without the aid of a thumb. Which, of course, could mean nothing since he undoubtedly stuck his thumb in his mouth during some sleep transition in the middle of the night. How exactly do you go about breaking a habit that is occurring only when the house is asleep? Short of placing some thumb-sucking torture device, that is.
Well, I'm signing off. Perhaps tomorrow I'll have something more interesting to say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I got socks taped onto my hands so I couldn't get to my thumb and so I couldn't get the socks off when I was little... Mom had a lot of nasty tricks like that. :)
Post a Comment