I've definitely hit a slump in the Post-a-Day routine. I've spent so much time worrying about getting the tree up and ready, that I really just feel like vegging now.
Jordan and I are about to eat ice cream and watch a movie of some sort. Or maybe play a game. Something to act like we're married and like each other. Which hasn't happened much since I've been so focused on my project.
Speaking of projects . . . it's nearly Christmas. Jordan and I sat down a few weeks ago to make sure we were square on our ideas for the boys. Now, I'm realizing how little time is left to accomplish all the work left to do. I guess one benefit of Jordan being kept home from work is that he'll have time to work on some things, even if I'm scattered to the winds. That is if he's not completely loopy from painkillers.
A memory, if you will.
Way, way back nearly ten years ago, Jordan and I were in Madrigals together at Davis High. By this point, there was some mutual interest emerging, but not enough to actually talk to each other. This is, after all, High School.
Well, Jordan busted his knee playing soccer and needed his first ACL surgery. I can't remember what sort of excuse I used to get his email address (actually his mother's) from our choir director, but I'm sure it was a lame one. Anyway, I sent a "get well" note from all the Mads . . . really, just me. And that was the beginning of our epic journey.
Later, after he'd actually had the surgery I baked cookies, bought a balloon, and went over to visit. *** Interjection from Isaac: "Hey Mom, I was wondering if in the morning you wanted to blow bubbles with me outside or inside if that's a good idea?" *** He was really drugged and entirely loopy with his leg in a machine that constantly moved it in and out to bend his knee. That image is really what sparked this little trip down memory lane.
So, anyway . . . now I really am going to go spend some time with my hubby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Whatever background you have is not loading and therefor making it very hard to see words (if at all.) Just thought I would let you know.
Megs, we are able to see the background here...maybe it's your browser?
One of my former roommates, a woman named Heather, had FIVE (count them, 5) surgeries on one leg in the approximately 2.5 years that she lived with me.
She had to use that machines that constantly makes your leg bend also. Of course she had cancer and had 1) extra bone packed into the area where they had hollowed out the tumor 2) donor (cadaver) bone implanted 3) screws and bolts put in her leg 4) broken screws and bolts removed and repaired and 5) scar tissue broken up and removed and repaired.
So Jordan, I hope your surgery goes well, but always remember, things COULD be worse.
Hugs,
Aunt Nancy
Post a Comment