I had an activities committee this evening at the neighbors house. The boys were, for all intents and purposes, on their way to bed when I left so I didn't feel too bad.
The meeting went great and we got a lot planned. As we were getting ready to break I hung back a bit because I had something to ask my Committee chair friend. Then we got to talking with another Sister on the committee. We were swapping stories and commiserating in the trouble kids (ourselves included) can manage to get into. Next thing I know, it's 11:00. Oops!
Jordan would expect this on a Book Club night, but Activities Committee? I felt a bit bad . . . until I got home and he was asleep on the boy's bedroom floor which means he has, more or less, been there since I left.
Guilty conscience relieved and boy, it is nice to talk to adults every now and then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I remember craving adult company when I was a young mother. Not being one to knock on a neighbor's door to visit, I was frequently longing for company. I spent a lot of time on the phone with my sister during that period.
Yep, asleep by 7:30...I'm beginning to think there's a very small chance I may be sick.
Post a Comment