11.10.2009

Fall

I'm quickly learning that posting everyday is a bit too much for me. I still plan to do it this month, but unless there is a real change of perspective, it probably won't continue. There are too many days that I don't really feel like writing, nor feel like I have anything to say.

Anywho . . .

I love the fall.

I love the perfect weather. I love the changing color. I love the crisp, clean smell.

We spent the afternoon at the zoo with our preschool friends. It was a perfect day.

It was cold and windy when we left our house and I was worried that I hadn't packed warm enough clothes. It was sunny and clear. We were comfortable in just our long sleeves. The monkeys slept and the cats played. The boys were interested, entertained, but incredibly well-behaved. We had a great ratio of kids to adults, boys to girls, toddlers to wish-they-weres. And can we talk about the cuteness of all the baby animals? It truly was a lovely day.


As much as I love fall, I've never truly enjoyed playing in the leaves. Until today.

We stopped at Nana & Poppy's house for a potty break and diaper change on the way home. They were soon to be arriving from work so we stuck around to say hello. The maple tree in the back had dropped a ton of leaves.

First, the boys were kicking them about.


Then, they were sliding/jumping into a pile.


Soon it was an all out leaf fight. Them.


Against me.

You can guess who won.


Isaac's giggles and Aaron's grins were priceless. I reveled in the itchy delight.

2 comments:

Jess said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun. What a wonderful way to celebrate the fall weather.

Josh said...

Some of my best childhood memories include making leaf houses in my front and back yards. Ahhh, the memories!

Brooke