11.03.2009

Post-A-Day

I first heard about the challenge to write a blog post everyday for the month of November a couple years ago when there were several "outside" blogs I was in the habit of checking daily. They called it NaBloPoMo (much too much of a mouthful if you ask me) for National Blog Post Month. I was intrigued by the idea and thought what an interesting and challenging exercise this would be. And promptly forgot all about it.

Last fall, I had a change of focus in what I was trying to accomplish by reading so many different blogs of people I had no real connection to and started to limit my blog time to those who truly inspired me. I cut-off reading posts of some avid bloggers who may have reminded me of the November goal. Either way, I doubt I would have attempted the challenge in the midst of our house search and move.

Today, however, I decided I am in a position to stretch my limits as a blogger. I popped over to a friends blog for my standard post check and was reminded that it is, once again, November and indeed time for the post-a-day challenge. Her decision to accept the challenge (what she called NoJoMo, because she was introduced to it as November Journaling Month - slightly easier to say, but I plan to just stick with post-a-day) inspired me to start out on my own quest. Technically speaking, I have already failed since it is already the third. Plus, I will probably "cheat" and back-date a post to appear on the first which is when I had intended to post it. And realistically, it is nearly inevitable that something will keep me from posting sometime during the month. However, my plan is to play by the rules from here on out.

Just don't bring out the tomatoes if I slip-up.

*Post Script: I truly had to stop myself from spelling quest with a 'w'. Sad. Just sad.*

1 comment:

Nana J said...

Yay - I will look forward to reading your daily updates (but not posting myself every day this month (or every month this year, actually)).