11.25.2009

Positive Reinforcement

I warn you up front this won't be much of a post. I'm really wishing I were in bed, but haven't made it there because I need to post.

Just now, I was watching Isaac watch Jordan play a computer game. I can't help, but smile at the little comments he has started to make. Behind me I hear "Good try, Dad." A moment ago it was "You got it, Dad!" and "You did it! Good job, Dad! Give me a clap!"

Aaron does it, too. When he gets excited about the progress of a situation, he'll let out a "h-ray!" and throw his arms in the air. He's also really big into giving five these days. (A few weeks ago, I gave him five for something and walked away . . . he followed me in pre-whine tones to get one for his other hand.)

Sometimes advice and encouragement from a toddler is just what you need.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Once again it must be said that you have cute kids. There are days I could really use positive reinforcement from a toddler or two.