11.22.2009

Lazy Afternoon

Growing up, I remember my mother taking a nap every Sunday. It used to drive me crazy. I always wanted to do something and that something seemed inevitably to require my mother to be awake. And she never was.

While I do now appreciate the glory of a Sunday nap, it's still not my preferred activity. Jordan and I are masters at wanting to make last minute plans. Never does that desire shine through more than after church on Sunday. Hardly a Sabbath goes by that I don't try to justify a long drive to visit someone or wonder who might be interested in coming over for dinner. More people need to have less going on in their lives for this to really work. It wouldn't hurt if we were in the habit of stocking our fridge and fuel tank on Saturday, either.

More often than not, the desire to do something goes unfulfilled and I end up in a rather antsy mood for the remainder of the day.

In sum, anytime anyone has a Sunday free to visit or wants to potluck it at our house, feel free to call. Really, do.

No comments: