11.09.2009

LMCS

My mom coined the disease and made the diagnosis. Last-Minute Creativity Syndrom. That's what I have.

All my best ideas, come to me when I don't have quite enough time to really do justice to the project. Blankets for baby-showers. Personalized birthday and Christmas gifts. Age sensitive activities. It's always the same.

This is different from procrastination because I actively try to be ahead of the game. I just have a last-minute Muse.

So, once again, I have got myself down to the proverbial wire. The Festival of Trees is fast approaching and my ideas are still rather scattered and entirely less than finished. And so an appeal to all interested parties.

Come visit and help create decorations for Caleb's tree on November 20 &/or 21!

One of these years I'm going to be prepared enough that I actually "send out" delegated projects to all the people who ask for something to do, but this is not that year. Instead I'll try to get everything ready for people to gather and be put to work. In my head there isn't a ton to do, but the overall presentation just isn't coming together for me this year, so there is probably more than I think.

Ditch the family. Take a day off work (but don't really). Bring a glue gun or paint brush or whatever else I need, but don't know about yet. It's everybody's game!

If you are interested in coming, send me an email and I'll make sure you get the final details.

Now, I'm going to go finish one of those other LMC projects.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Consider me your first recruit in your creative army. I'll send you an e-mail.

Diane said...

Unfortunately, I will be unavailable that weekend. I'll be babysitting the grandkids while Jeff and Heather celebrate 10 years of marriage! But bring things to Thanksgiving! It seems we spend less time playing games and more time talking. I would love something to do with my hands besides eat M and M's!