Alison spent most of her day down at the South Towne Expo Center setting up the tree and filling out documents. I spent most of my day at home with my excellent mother-in-law Patricia Jean Harston Lowe caring for four boys (including myself), three of whom were whining in some form at any given time (I'll let you guess which ones). The day didn't go too badly, and was capped by a wonderful-by-usual-standards Christmas Season Kick-Off FHE, which is to say that Alison did not end by hating our children, and I did not end with a long-suffering look on my face. Alison told the Christmas story while we all acted it out with the Little People nativity figures, and the kids were really engaged and calm until the very end when Aaron began casually flinging about the poor shepherds, wise men, angels and all (I'm pretty sure Luke didn't mention the giants throwing significant characters about in his narrative, but it's been a while since I read my NT). We also had our official beginning-of-Christmas-season fire, during which Isaac reminded us of the time Jesus was in the fire, so he was paying attention last week during the Rack, Shack and Benny episode of FHE. Two weeks in a row! We're eligible for sainthood at this point, I think.
Speaking of saints, I think my mother and mother-in-law are two of the most underappreciated and hardest working women I have ever known. They sacrifice constantly for those around them.
Speaking of me (weren't we?), I go in for surgery tomorrow. Wish me luck. I already feel like a terrible burden on my poor wife, and so far I'm just limping around. Thoughts and prayers are appreciated (and while you're at it, send some to the Spencers).
In other news, my new grammar pet peeve is using the word "everyday" in anything but a descriptive context. It's only ever an adjective. Please, people, get to know its forlorn cousin, "every day."
We just finished our budget and we are very tired. So, I will wrap this up. I apologize for all of you who were expecting more of my wife's sweet posts. We all hope she will continue posting in a more or less regular fashion.
Cheers.

1 comment:
It was sweet of you to take over for your darling wife. I am impressed that Isaac remembered what happened at last weeks FHE considering that I can barely remembered what happened two days ago. Also, I believe that our mother and your mother-in-law are indeed angels of mercy sent from heaven to bless us. Good luck with your surgery.
Post a Comment